Into the Woods

If you would have asked me a few years ago to walk in the woods, I would have said no.  I have even been quoted as saying, "I am afraid of trees".  I'm a city girl, and from L.A., so when I think of woods I think of bears, unsolved murders, and snakes.

Surprisingly it was me who suggested we go for a walk in Badby Woods.  Greg had pointed the woods out over the years.  Equipped with my new pair of Wellies(rubber boots), I was keen to give "rural walks" a go.
Blog1
After a short drive, we arrived.  The imposing woods await.
Blog2
No turning back now.
Blog3
My Wellies made walking through mud a breeze(and also alot of fun!).
Blog4
Blog5
Blog6
Blog7
Blog9
Blog10
Greg and I compare boot size.
Blog11
Greg looks out at an old mysterious building in the distance.
Blog12
Blog13
After jumping a fence, we walked towards an old ruin which was surrounded by sheep.
Blog14
A few moments later dozens of sheep began bleating loudly and walked down the hill in a neat line .  I was somewhat confused.
Blog15
It was one of the best moments ever :)
Blog16
Blog18
The farmer had called them for feeding time.  Amazing.
Blog17
Blog19
After the great sheep parade, we walked back to the entrance.  Greg was using my hand warmer.  It was a gift from him for Christmas :)
Blog20
Blog22
Walking through the stone arch, we came upon a stunning view of the countryside and stormy skies.  I told Greg he is lucky to live here.
Blog24
Blog26

2 comments:

  1. Aw, those sheep are so darling. I would have probably teared up. Me and Donnie have always dreamed of seeing sheep in green hills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure we can find sheep more locally in the U.S. It'll save you money! Hehe. Sheep are really funny. Some stared me down and kept turning back at me as they walked into the distance. I have a video of them bleating their hearts out. I'll show it to you when I get back :)

    ReplyDelete