A Mountain of Books and a Mill

I'm back in Los Angeles!  Part of me is happy to be home, but I miss my boyfriend. Getting back to my old routine has helped, that's for sure.  I guess after doing this for three years, you adapt?  It also helps that we have always had plans for our future. Oh, and we talk everyday :)

Anyway, I have lots of trip photos to show.  I like these blog posts because they make the trip live on. Hehe.

After staying one night in Hay-On-Wye, we explored the town once more before continuing our journey.
Day2-HayWye1
Day2-HayWye2
Our first stop was a store that we had walked past the day before and I was dying to go inside.  Once inside I found myself wanting to buy everything.  Here is a nice notebook I liked.
Day2-HayWye5
Since this is the town of books, we visited a few book shops.  The first one we walked into sold nothing but old children's books.  I found the ones about cats to be my favorite.  I also loved the old illustrations in many of them.  After browsing for quite a while we moved on.
Day2-HayWye3
The next bookstore we visited was in a narrow street, between pastel-colored buildings.  The floorboards were creaky and you could feel knowledge pulsating all around.  I enjoyed stalking Greg when he wasn't looking :)
Day2-HayWye6
Upstairs we found nice books on art, photography, and literature.  All things I appreciate.
Day2-HayWye4
Enjoying a book ;)
Day2-HayWye7
The view outside.
Day2-HayWye9
We made a few purchases, Greg buying a book on California's gold rush.  Then we walked back towards our car, looking at all the fine signs along the way.
Day2-HayWye10
Amazing little mural.
Day2-HayWye12
After saying goodbye to Hay-On-Wye, we drove south stopping in a town called Talgarth for a spontaneous visit to a Mill. So far I like this town.
Day2-HayWye11
Great Welsh sign.
Day2-HayWye13
Day2-HayWye14
We find the Mill!
Day2-HayWye15
Inside there was a cafe.  We sampled their plum sugar-crunch cake.  Noom.  We didn't go inside the Mill in the end, but we enjoyed our stop :)
Day2-HayWye17
Day2-HayWye18
Hi.
Day2-HayWye19
Day2-HayWye20
I want one of these.
Day2-HayWye21
After our short stop, we navigated our way back through the Black Mountains.  Next stop, Penarth and the coast!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I like the photo with your red beret! Your camera picks up on bright colors so well. Also it looks like a nice quaint village. I would have thought it was cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thanks! Thanks for the red beret!

    The village was empty, aside from a few locals. We were the only tourists for sure. I think people just go to the big cities, but I found it to be calm and fun. Eating cake and having a latte also helped :) x

    ReplyDelete