Johnny Depp Castle and a Pier

Penarth1
After leaving Talgarth, we hit the road again with Penarth in our sights.
Penarth2
But first, we stopped to get a closer look at an old castle we spotted.  Johnny Depp filmed The Libertine here.  Funnily enough, we couldn't go inside due to some filming.  Coming from Los Angeles, you'd think I'd avoid a film location at least in another country!
Penarth3
Hi.
Penarth4
After driving through the Black Mountains we reach Penarth.  My brain really wanted to make sense of the language.  It couldn't of course, so I just read the English :)
Penarth7
Like a beacon in the night, our Bed & Breakfast.  Lovely :) Through the window is our room.
Penarth5
We were greeted by the lady of the house who was Welsh and very entertaining. She talked a mile a minute and loved my American accent.  Haha.  She showed us to our room.  I loved it.
Penarth6
Greg settles in.
DSC_4322
Penarth8
Hungry, we explored the neighborhood on foot.  I found an amazing candy shop called Oompa Loompa, but it was closed.  I love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  So we walked to the pier.

Penarth9
It was dark and still and the sound of the ocean was all we could hear.  Near the pier we found an Italian restaurant that had only been open one day!  This is my massive Calzone(my hand is there for scale).  Yummm. After dinner, we went back and settled in our B&B.
Penarth10
Good morning Wales!  The next morning we awoke to the view of the ocean and the sunrise <3.  We were excited for the Welsh breakfast which awaited us in the dining room.
Penarth11
And waiting for us in the hallway was a stunning kitty <3
Penarth12
The dining room reminded me of Japan and the 80's.  I appreciated their personal taste.
Penarth13
Meow.
Penarth14
Jam for our toast.
DSC_4355
My organic Welsh breakfast, minus the baked beans(no thank you).
Penarth15
Fitting in some reading after breakfast.
Penarth16
<3
Penarth17
The exterior.
Penarth19
After checking out, we drove to the beach(where we had walked the night before).
Penarth20
Penarth18
Penarth21
Penarth22
Stalking Greg once again.
Penarth23
Through the trees you'll find our B&B.
Penarth24
Penarth25
Penarth27
Italian Gardens.
DSC_4417edit
In the Italian Gardens this plaque marks an event Princess Diana attended in 1991 :)
Penarth26

Then we continued to the capitol of Wales, Cardiff, only 10 minutes away.  The purpose of our stay in Penarth was to visit Cardiff afterall.  Our next adventure was just around the corner.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful! the sunrise, ahh. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful your holiday looks!

    /Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky: Thank you Vicky :) It was quite magical looking out of my window and seeing such a beautiful sight. Glad you enjoyed my pictures of Wales. It's a stunning country x

    Marie: Thank you, Marie! I enjoyed every minute of my holiday. Glad you enjoyed seeing it through my eyes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! It's so good to travel and know different places :)

    ***
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Cat :) You are so lucky to be close to so many countries! If I lived on that side, I would go everywhere(assuming I had money and time off!). Maybe even Portugal one day :D

    ReplyDelete