Santa Barbara fun...Part 1

I was supposed to post these pictures a few weeks ago, but with school starting and my computer being unbelievably slow(getting a new one soon!), I couldn't post them.

A few weeks ago I went to Santa Barbara for my sister's birthday.  Santa Barbara is very pretty and I took a million pictures.  This is what I saw:

DSC_5436edit
Our first stop was the Santa Barbara Courthouse, which is a Spanish Colonial revival building and a historic monument (for good reason as you will see!).
DSC_5439edit
In Southern California there is lack of beautiful architecture.  Nothing is truly old around here.  Every now and then you find a gem though.  This is such a place.
DSC_5442edit
We lounged on the grass and had a picnic.  I know it's supposed to be Winter, but the weather was amazing!  We sipped sparkling water, ate fresh berries, and soaked up the sun.  Criminal I know.
DSC_5607edit
DSC_5463edit
Then it was time to explore the building.  At every turn, we found rich Spanish interiors.
DSC_5464edit
DSC_5495
DSC_5516edit
My sister's boyfriend, Donald, takes a break.
DSC_5518edit
We headed for the highest point in the building...
DSC_5611edit
to a viewing platform.
DSC_5525edit
Once there, we enjoyed breathtaking views of the mountains...
DSC_5555edit...and the Ocean.
DSC_5619edit
Then we drove a few minutes to the beach.
DSC_5642edit
We took the stairs down to get a closer look.
DSC_5652edit
Surf's up!
DSC_5655
We hung around the beach for a while and then moved on for more fun at a new location.

Part 2 coming soon to a screen near you ;)

2 comments:

  1. Such awesome photos! I like the effect on the last one too :) I like all the closeups of the details, my camera couldn't do that! x

    ReplyDelete