Santa Barbara Fun...Part Deux

After spending a lazy afternoon in Santa Barbara, we moved on to our next stop on my sister's birthday itinerary...
DSC_5696edit
Mini golf by the beach!  We arrived before the crowds came(it was a Friday) and practically had the course all to ourselves :)
DSC_5710edit
Everyone has to lose their golf ball at least once during the game...I think it's a rule ;)
DSC_5722edit
Am I in Southern California or a resort in Hawaii?
DSC_5716edit
Palm trees were everywhere.
DSC_5729edit
DSC_5740edit
Donald aims his ball towards the Spanish Mission.
DSC_5752edit
We fed them.
DSC_5753edit
The decor and themes were pretty over the top as you can see.  We loved it. After our game, we headed inside for some good old-fashioned arcade fun.
DSC_5771edit
I played a car race game first.  This was by far my favorite I've played, since it was accompanied by Japanese characters talking to each other and then turning to me to ask, "if I wanted to race".
I lol'd about 10 times.
DSC_5772edit
Of course I accepted their challenge.
DSC_5774edit
And made them eat my dust.  I didn't realize that Val and Donald were watching me the whole time.  I was far too focused to notice anyone but my Japanese opponent.  Haha.
DSC_5775edit
Then we went to Val's favorite sushi place.  This is her garlic and sesame-seed edamame.  So good.
DSC_5777edit
We shared sushi.  Nom.

After our long(but nice) day out, I went home.  To summarize, I had a picnic in a Spanish courtyard, walked inside a stunning courthouse, went to the beach, played mini-golf near the ocean, and had sushi.  It was a good day :)

2 comments:

  1. Super yum! Your camera makes that sushi look like heaven! It was funny to see all the hilarious mini golf photos, especially the one where I'm trying to block Donald's ball from the mission. The funny thing is that we even did go-kart racing, what a crazy day! :) Glad you were there to enjoy the day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, what is the name of the mini golf park? we are travelling to California during the summer and it seems really fun!

    ReplyDelete