Tea for Two

Last week my school closed down for Spring Break and I couldn't have been more excited! :)  School is great, but I totally appreciate the time off.  I've had lunch with old friends, relaxed, and checked things off of my "to-do" list.  Val and I kicked of our Spring Break with a nice day out in Culver City.

RoyalT10
We went to this building, which was covered in green foliage.


RoyalT5
Once inside we saw crazy wall-sized photographs of Harajuku girls, japanese pop art and large fiberglass sculptures by the artists KAWS and Yoshitomo Nara(pictured).
RoyalT6
The space was part art gallery and part Japanese/French cafe.
RoyalT12
Our tea was brought to us by a woman wearing a french-maid outfit complete with knee-high socks and Mary Janes.  Haha.  The waitresses all wear them.  It was pretty cute for a novelty.
RoyalT9
Val and I were excited for what we were sharing for lunch...
RoyalT4
We waited...and waited...and waited.
RoyalT1
Finally, we saw what all the wait was for-- a lovely assortment of desserts and tea sandwiches for our Afternoon Tea :D
RoyalT3
This is my tiny chicken and potato sandwich on brioche.
RoyalT14
My tuna tartare tasted just like sushi, despite the addition of toast and guacamole.  It was surprisingly delicious.
RoyalT11
I love Spring Break :)
RoyalT13
The final dessert was a bread pudding with chocolate chips.  It was one of the best things I'd ever tasted.  And I don't use such words lightly!
RoyalT7
We agreed the Afternoon Tea was delicious, but the wait was kind of crazy.  We left satisfied and stopped by flowers on the way to my car.
RoyalT15
Another sunny day in L.A. :)




2 comments:

  1. that looks just wonderful! i actually planned going for afternoon tea at negresco, nices luxury hotel, today but somehow it didn't happen. next time, and i hope it's as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having Afternoon Tea every now and then is a real treat. I hope you go to Negresco, so I can live vicariously through your pics! :) x

      Delete