Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

L.A. in November (could be worse)

I'm close to setting my roots in England, having signed papers to a new house.  We need the extra space and I need to be close to humans(a.k.a. a city with at least one shop!).  It's been 4 months since I landed on this fair isle and it's been lovely living in our flat in the middle of the English countryside.  I'm going to feel really nostalgic, once I leave this place.  I've been lucky to know this side of England and I'll always cherish my time in Fawsley.  We've been moving heaps of our stuff this past week and will continue for another week, when we hand over the keys and move out.  So that's what's going on around here!

2 weeks ago I was in L.A. for Thanksgiving.  It was my first time back since I moved to England and it did not disappoint!  Omg, the weather.  I had packed mostly sweaters, but didn't need them due to the glorious weather.  I was quietly proud of my hometown for being so darn good sometimes.  In the week I was there, I shopped for Xmas presents, saw my lovely lady friends, and hung out with my sister and her BF.  Since we're all doing different things for Christmas, we decided to roll Christmas and Thanksgiving into one. This means that I opened lots of nice pressies on Thanksgiving, before Christmas day.  I call it a good compromise!  :)   

One day Greg and I hit Santa Monica.  It's not somewhere I would normally visit, due to it being a tourist spot, but we wanted to see a beach(actually mostly Greg).  It's convenient and has shopping so it ticked all of our boxes.  




Look, no sweater!




Blueberry muffin and chai latte break.



Third Street Promenade, where I spent many a time ditching college.





Thumbs up, to time to hit the road.






5 comments:

  1. totally jealous! here in sweden it was -19 degrees (-2,2 F), blizzards and snow chaos the other day ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry! That sounds harsh. I'm in England now and it's been 0-2 degrees C. I can deal with it surprisingly once I have on my layers. -19 sounds unthinkable to me. Stay warm and drink lots of hot chocolate(or booze) to get through it! :)

      Delete
  2. I've always dreamed of living on the English countryside, but I can definitely understand the need for more human contact. I'm sure it'd get lonely out there! And your holiday in L.A. sounds lovely. It's crazy how the weather always stays nice in California. In Texas, it jumps from one extreme to the other almost on a daily basis. Good luck with your move! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you're moving to a place with more room and more people! I'm sure you'll make it a lovely home. It was awesome to have you here for the holidays and I'm glad the weather was good for you! It's currently 70 in the day and 40 at night. Weird weather! :o Look forward to hearing more about your move x

    ReplyDelete